Recently, after a customer found out that I had never made tortellini soup before, he came into the store with a recipe. I made it, and it was delicious! It is a soup more for the colder weather, and I look forward to making it again in the winter months. Here is the recipe for those who would like to try it out!
- One pound of Italian sausage
- One bag of premade tortellini
- one 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 12 ounces of spinach (I used frozen)
- 4 cups of chicken broth or stock base
- Extra garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to taste
Cook the sausage, and set aside. Cook the tortellini as directed. If using bullion cubes or something similar to Better than Bullion stock base, use the cooking water to make the chicken broth. Add everything into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the extra seasonings to taste. Serve hot with a side of butter rolls, or enjoy it on its own.
It's that simple!