Briess CBW Dry Malt Extracts
CBW stands for Concentrated Brewers Wort, which is exactly what these brewer's grade, pure malt extracts are—concentrates of brewers wort. CBW malt extracts are produced in a 500-bbl state-of-the-art brewhouse, the second largest in Wisconsin. After lautering, the wort is gently vacuum evaporated to maintain its rich, full flavor and lessen color development. We use a multiple step infusion brewing process for high fermentability and FAN, which is critical for brewing.
Because they're made in the U.S.A. and spared the harsh conditions of transoceanic travel, CBWs are also the freshest malt extracts available. And they're all malt, so you preserve the "all malt" character of your brew.
Briess CBW® malt extracts get all of their color and flavor from base and specialty malts, never through additional boiling. CBW malt extracts are unhopped and nondiastatic for flexible, creative brewing. Or realize these benefits of supplementing all grain brews with CBW® pure malt extracts:
- Increase capacity and boosting productivity
- Boost gravity
- Improve body and head retention
- Propagate yeast
- Minor flavor adjustment
- Adjust color
- Adjust flavor
Available in 1 lb and 3 lb bags
CBW Pilsen Light DME (dry malt extract) is 100% pure malted barley extract made from 100% malt and water. CBW Pilsen Light can be used in the production of all extract beer styles and to adjust the color, flavor and gravity of all grain beers.
- Many styles of extract beer, and to adjust the color, flavor, and gravity of all grain beers
- Use in the production of Red and Amber Beers, Oktoberfest, Bock beer, Doppelbock, brown ales, and other dark-colored beers
A blend of wheat and pale malt with a neutral, malty flavor - ideal for wheat beers, or as a body - and foam-enhancing addition to other styles. Unhopped, with an SG yield of 43 points per gallon.
- Usage: All wheat beers, and to adjust the flavor of other styles of beer
- Color: Use in the production of extract wheat beers, and to adjust the flavor of wheat and other styles of all grain brews
- All styles of extract beer, and to adjust the color, flavor, and gravity of all grain beers
A proprietary blend of base, Munich, and 60L crystal malts. Amber color and malty flavor with caramelly overtones. Unhopped, with an SG yeild of 43 points per gallon.